Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing #2: Habits of Lifelong Learners

The easiest of the 7 1/2 habits for me is accepting responsibility for my own learning. I often find myself seeking information from the internet, books, or courses that will solve the challenges that I face in the classroom and in daily life.

The most difficult habit is using technology to my advantage. I love technology, however, sometimes it is challenging to find the time to learn new innovations and implement them in the classroom. This past year for example, I began using the activboard, which is a wonderful teaching tool. However, the initial time investment to learn the program and create lessons was significant.

I am really thankful, by the way, for this opportunity to learn about blogging, etc. I have been feeling like an old fogie lately because technology advances so quickly and I am clueless about most of what we will be learning in this course. Thanks for the easy format and guidance. I think I will feel more in touch with my students and am looking forward to blogging with them this next school year.

No comments: