Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #12: Creating Community through Commenting

The two most important points in blog commenting are to read carefully before responding and to be polite. Make sure that you are not misinterpreting the blog post before commenting. And a little kindess goes a long way. If someone takes time and effort to create a blog, then make sure that you are polite in your comments, whether you agree or disagree.


I enjoyed exploring and commenting on the other sbisd bloggers. I came across a couple of "outside" blog sites and commented on those as well. The biology teacher blog is not a typical blog site, in that it only has links to biology vides, however I found these links useful. The parenting wesite has somoe hilarious stories for those in need of a good laugh.
http://biologyteacherblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.5minutesforparenting.com/

1 comment:

LauraAnn said...

Hi, Julie! Thanks for stopping by my blog: I've really had fun with it and, like yourself, hope to keep it going throughout the school year. I am making myself continue to log in each day and create posts of my own design: right now I am going back and reviewing some areas that I "glossed over" in my initial posts.

I'll check back in and see how you're coming along... Let me know if you get stuck on anything: several of us sent our own instructions some of the more difficult "things" that might be helpful to you!

Happy Saturday!