Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #8: RSS feeds

What do you like about RSS and newsreaders? I like the news being sent to me rather than searching for news. I like the analogy of the "web inbox" that was discussed in the introductory video.
How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life? When I was searching for blogs to add to my reader, I came across useful blogs from other bilogy teachers that share comments about topics and websites. This blog,
http://biologyteacherblog.blogspot.com/, has posted sites of relevant biology youtube videos that can be used for instruction, such as microscopy videos. However, youtube is blocked in our school district.
How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology? Librarians can instruct students how to use readers and they can use readers to find new innovations in library science.

No comments: