Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #22: Nings

I looked at the "Ning for teachers" link, http://teacherlingo.com/, and reviewed the site. I like the idea of having a site that is designed to connect teacher bloggers. However, I found that the blog search is limited. You have to click on one of the general group catergories to expand it, and then have to scroll through all the blogs in that category as you hope to find someone from your subject. In my case, this was over 100 blogs to look through. On the other hand, when you go to the home page and scroll down there is a list of most popular blogs. Some of these have useful information and comments on the practice of teaching in general. There is also lesson plan tab, however, I found that the lesson plans are very limited. I was unable to find any usable lesson plan for my subject. Overall, I think the site is a good idea, but needs some modifications on searching.

1 comment:

JAMS said...

I agree about this site. I went through several places and found some labs, but we already have some that are fairly good.
See you soon....