Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #13: Tagging and exploring del.icio.us

3. Create a blog post about your experience and thoughts about this tool.

Del.icio.us is a great website for saving my own favorite or useful websites. It is much easier to search for needed links by searching with tags than searching through hunderds of saved favorites. However, it is even better to have the ability not to just access my own sites that I have saved, but also similar sites that others have found. Often the sites that others have saved provided more information than the sites that I found. Again, social networking on the computer increases the effienciency of finding useful and relevant information. Teaching is now a community effort to find the best resources.


Two heads, or millions in this case, are better than one. Using tags such as "biology animation videos genetics" I was able to find several very useful sites for my lessons.

Teachers and students can share useful websites for student learning very easily on del.icio.us. Also, small groups can share useful websites by creating and using an unusual tag.

No comments: