Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #21: Find, Create and Use Podcasts and Audio Books

OK. I think I have figured this one out. I like the idea of podcasting and vidcasting in the classroom. I hope to develop a vidcast project for my students from this experience. They will love this program. I think that they, like myself enjoy learning about things that apply to both school and personal life.
Photostory is very user friendly. BY THE WAY, WE DO HAVE PHOTOSTORY ON OUR SBISD COMPUTERS! I've read all the comments by frustrated teachers that cannot download photostory do to lack of administrator privledges. You probably don't need to. Just do a file search and it should pop up. Click on the photostory exe file. However, don't forget to go through all the steps. Make sure your file is saved as a wmv. You do not have to use switchpod. Instead just go to your blog page and click on the add video link. It will take a LONG time to "process". So, go take a break!
I created my vidcast using pictures from the creative commons on flicker. I would like to add enough pictures to represent all the major phyla of living things. Here is what I have so far...

No comments: