Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #7: Exploring google tools

The google alert will be a great way to keep up with current news on topics that my students study during the year. For example I can set-up an alert for genetics or cell biology and get the latest developments without having to search for it myelf. Current news stories are a great way to generate interest in a topic that we are studying at the time.
I also set up a calendar for family events. This will be a great way to share info with my family about our upcoming plans. In the classroom, this feature might be used to share inportant due dates, events or TV programs.
I toyed with the google notebook. I stared a notebook on the topic of cells to share with my students. This way, they don't have to do the searching, I can find the best sites for review or assignments. Also, I can immediately note the sites that I come across when searching and don't forget where they are!

No comments: