Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #23: Summary of Thoughts on the Program

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My head is spinning with all the knowledge that I have learned from this course. One of my favorite discoveries was learning to use social networking on the internet to my advantange. Searching for news and sharing information efficiently is so easy, with knowledge of blogging, del.icio.us, google doc, Wiki's, etc.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Technology advances rapidly! In the beginning, I was feeling out-of-the-loop in terms of my knowledge of the internet. I knew how to search and find videos, etc, but this course has taken my knowledge to a new level. I am grateful for this and plan to use what I have learned in my teaching. I feel much more up-to-date and plan to continue learning more about the topics covered in this course.
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
The information learned in this course can be applied both in my professional and private life.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Divide the course into two parts with two deadlines, one deadline for part one, and one for part 2.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Yes.
How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? I will definitely use what I have learned from this program to enhance my teaching.
Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs? OK!!!

1 comment:

VWB said...

Your students will be the lucky benefactors of your newly enhanced teaching! congrats on completing your technology journey. hope you will share your successes with us thru your blog.